Driver’s Ed classes are offered to all those students who have a Learner’s Permit. Both morning and afternoon classes are offered and the classes are held at Westlake High School. To sign up for the class, you can either contact the front office by phone or in person, or submit the form below. Please note: The driver’s ed fee is now $140.
- Session 1: August 27 – October 10, 2014 (Morning & Afternoon Classes)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting–August 26, 2014 6:00pm-7:30pm Rm A103
- Session 2: October 22-December 12, 2014 (Morning & Afternoon Classes)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting–October 21, 2014 6:00pm-7:30pm Rm A103
- Session 3: January 7-February 13, 2015 (Morning & Afternoon Classes)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting–January 6, 2015 6:00pm-7:30pm Rm A103
- Session 4: February 18-April 2, 2015 (Morning & Afternoon Classes)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting–February 17, 2015 6:00pm-7:30pm Rm A103
- Session 5: April 15-May 22, 2015 (Morning & Afternoon Classes)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting–April 14, 2015 6:00pm-7:30pm Rm A103
- Session 6: Summer School Session #1–June 1-June 12, 2015 8am-Noon
- Session 7: Summer School Session #2–June 15-June 26, 2015 8am-Noon
- Session 8: Summer School Session #3–July 6-July 17, 2015 8am-Noon
If you are planning to attend summer school session 1, 2 or 3, you MUST attend one of the mandatory parent meetings on June 2, 2015 at 6pm in Rm A103 or July 7, 2015 @ 6pm in Rm. A103. It doesn’t matter which one you attend–YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE MEETINGS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE!
- How long is the Driver Education Class at Westlake High School?
- 20 class periods and that includes the Mandatory Parent/Student meeting and their Observation session on the Range
- What is the requirement to take the Driver Education Class?
- Everyone must be at least 15 years old and must have their Utah Driver’s Permit prior to the start of the class.
- What is the attendance policy for the Driver Education Class?
- Attendance is vital to the student’s success in the class, on the range and on the road. Students must attend the meeting, classes, range, road with a B or better (80%) to pass the course.
- Where can I pay for Driver’s Education at WHS?
- The $135 fee can be paid at the school financial office or through My School Fees.
- How do I schedule Range and Road for Driver’s Education?
- Range is scheduled while in the class and Road is scheduled with the students’ assigned road instructor. All students are encouraged to schedule road when they have completed their 40+ hours of driving and are ready to be tested.
- What if I take the Driver Education class on-line?
- Students who take the Driver’s Education class via on-line can schedule Range and Road through Mr. O’Connor. Please contact him to be scheduled. Students who take the class on-line still pay the fee through the financial office or on My School Fees.
Please Note: We no not offer online driver’s ed classes.
Note: The morning sessions are held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s from 6:00-7:20am. Afternoon sessions are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday’s from 2:40-4:00pm. All sessions include the state required mandatory parent/student meeting. Meeting will include class requirements, state law, and parent/student expectations. All classes are $140. Presentation by Zero Fatalities and Westlake High School Driver Education Instructors. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Michael O’Connor at gro/tcirtsidenipla//ronnocom.