Skip to main content


Juniors! Welcome to your Westlake College and Career Readiness (CCR) page. These resources are designed to help with college and career readiness. Contact your counselor if you have any questions.

Learning about your own skills and interests, and exploring career preferences are the primary reasons for career exploration. Ideally, as you engage in career exploration, it will help you identify potential career and college options.

Registering for classes is done through Arena Scheduling in Skyward. To prepare for registration, check your graduation requirements in Skyward, and look at the available class options and master schedule.

A CTE Career Pathway is a sequence of classes at Westlake High School that is within a student’s area of interest. Taking these courses help students connect classroom learning, with hands on training, internships and skill certificates.

Earn college credit while in high school by taking AP classes, UVU Live Interactive Courses and Concurrent Enrollment courses. Westlake offers Concurrent Enrollment courses through five different universities.

Students receive hands-on training in labs, classrooms, and real world experience – building their resume while preparing for a promising career. Visit MTECH Admissions for more information about the registration process.

If you are short on graduation credits, or need to make up a class, you will need to enroll in a credit recovery program. There are many options available. Please see your counselor for help getting registered.

A little preparation and planning while you are still in high school will go a long way and can save you time and money when it comes to attending the college of your choice. 

Financial aid and scholarships help you pay for college. Filling out the FAFSA opens the door to federal financial aid and student loans. There are many college and private scholarships available as well.

Thunder Scholars, Academic Letters, Honor Roll and other academic awards at Westlake are recognized during our Night of Excellence program each May.

ACT prep resources and registration information. SAT, AP and other testing information.

In order to be eligible to play sports in college, you will need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. You may search the NCAA High School Portal to determine which Westlake courses are NCAA approved. Contact your counselor for more help.

The Westlake College and Career Center is located in the A Hall. Mrs. Bergmann is available to help you with college essays, applications, scholarships, and all other post high school plans.